Thursday, June 25, 2009

James Harden and Tyreke Evans

I think the Thunder settled on Harden a while back. The Rubio talk was probably angling for a swap of picks and picking up a few more assets. This is a great place for Harden. His diverse game will be a great complement to Kevin Durant. Another great thing is he's going into a place as a member of the supporting cast. Just makes for an easier transition.
The Thunder got another boost when Phoenix gave away Shaq. Since they own the Suns' #1 pick in 2010, likely improvement next year won't keep them from being players in the lottery.
Evans to Sacto is interesting. Tells me that Geoff Petrie might be getting it back. I'm not sure about the immediate fit though. They're talking about Evans as a PG, but I see him as more of a SG. I guess we'll see how this plays out. I will say this, if I had to take one player from this draft to build around it probably would have been Evans. He's not going to the great situation like Harden though. I'm just glad he didn't slide. He's way too good a player for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment