Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Wall to Kentucky

Well that happened quickly. By "that" I mean John Calipari getting the Wildcats back to the top of the college basketball heap. I watched John Wall in a few post season all-star games and he was clearly the best player on the court every time I watched. He's a big PG who runs an offense like a seasoned pro. He seemed more focused on setting up teammates than scoring, which is one of the best things any PG can do. Obviously I'm going to wait until I get some NCAA stats before I call him the next big thing, but this is clearly a great thing for Kentucky.
It also could be a great thing for Wall who is going to play for the same coach who made Derrick Rose the top pick in the draft after his freshman season. Add him to Pat Patterson and what was possibly already the top recruiting class and it's easy to see Kentucky as the championship favorite going into the season.

No comments:

Post a Comment